Monday, June 23, 2014

Matariki day

Matariki
(workshops cooking)

On Tuesday 17th of June  we had a celebration for the stars of Matariki. We got to learn about maori for a day.   There were workshops set up for us, there was rakau, making a  Poi, weaving and also maori games. My favourite thing of all was cooking.
                                                               
We had to to put flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and then we cooked it. When they were in the oven we looked inside the oven, they look like fish to me but it was  fried bread.  Sounds nice I thought to myself.

When they were out of the oven we got to eat them. There was golden syrup, butter and raspberry jam that you could put on them. I put on golden syrup and butter on mine.  It was really nice. Then I tried jam, I thought the butter one was better.




On tuesday the 17th of June we had a celebration for the stars of matariki and my favorite thing to do was cooking (fried bread).

2 comments:

  1. Wow Emma,
    Your reflection was great.
    I liked how you said what stuff there were.
    Keep up the good work.
    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Emma! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete